Roadtrip to Beacon, NY (day trip or overnight)
Good for: Culture enthusiasts
Just a 90-minute drive from New York City, Beacon combines modern art with small town charm.
- Storm King Art Center: A sprawling outdoor art museum that can easily take up your entire day. Wear comfortable shoes for the long walk around the grounds (or opt for the tram service to tour around instead). Note that Storm King is not open during the winter.
- Homespun Foods: Cozy spot for sandwiches. Outdoor seating available.
- Main St: As the name implies, the central street in Beacon — home to several eateries and stores. Local favorites include Bank Square Coffeehouse, Glazed Over Donuts and Beacon Creamery.
- Dia Beacon: Modern and contemporary art museum located close to Storm King.
- Niche Modern and Hudson Beach Glass: Hand-blown glass studios.
Make your trip planning fun and delightful with a little help from AI using Una!